Double wins at Bathurst for Shell Mustangs
||Team Penske always the best
|Wednesday, April 22, 2020
FABIAN COULTHARD QUOTE: “Double Shell V-Power Racing Team winners tonight! How good is that? Awesome to get to spray some De Bortoli champagne again – it was a good night behind the wheel. I was disappointed after the first race, as I felt we could have had three top 10 results tonight. I’ve been putting in the time practicing, and to get knocked out in that race was a shame. But as a blessing in disguise it put us on pole for the second race, which we went on to win and then a sixth to finish out the night. That’s actually my first Bathurst Supercars win, Eseries or not! We’re putting in a lot of time to improve on the Simworx simulator, so get to the win is good.” zzzz
WILL POWER QUOTE:
SCOTT MCLAUGHLIN QUOTE: Thanks to all our fans and everyone watching again this week. I had so much fun battling everyone. That battle at the end of Race 3 with Brodie and SVG was awesome, so good, great racing and while I was dirty when I got knocked off, I’m happy to take the win! Brodie has been quick all week, so I knew I would have my work cut out for me. But it was great fun, loving this Eseries.”
“I’ve had a lot of fun tonight, got roughed up a bit in those last couple of races, but it’s good and I enjoyed it. You could make up plenty of positions, as there were lots of guys hitting walls and making mistakes. This iRacing thing is a whole lot of fun, I’ve been doing a lot of this stuff and its really good. The racing is great in Supercars, you’ve got to be really smart with it and I really enjoyed driving these cars. Thanks for having me!”
A post-race investigation handed Scott McLaughlin victory over Brodie Kostecki in Race 10 of the BP Supercars All Stars Eseries.
It was a dramatic 14-lap affair that went right down the final corner of the final lap, which ended in McLaughlin being hit by Kostecki.
The Shell V-Power Racing Team driver went off the track and into the wall while Kostecki crossed the line to take the win.
- Race 10 saw Coulthard start from the pole, McLaughlin from p4 and Power from p11, their finishing positions from Race 9.
- Solid start for all three drivers. Coulthard p1, McLaughlin p3 and Power p9 halfway through lap one.
- Power took his first service at the end of lap one, with two stops required this race. He rejoined in p17.
- McLaughlin was up to p2 behind Coulthard on lap two, with Coulthard holding a one-second lead. This soon dropped to 0.5s as McLaughlin chased him down. McLaughlin took Car 17 to pitlane on lap three for tyres and fuel, rejoining p8, one-second in front of Van Gisbergen.
- Coulthard sat 2.5s ahead of Heimgartner, before pitting on lap five.
- Power came together with Davison at Forrest’s Elbow on lap five, with Waters also involved. This forced Power to pit for repairs. He dropped to p23 as a result.
- McLaughlin went to the lead on lap six as the pit stops continued to play out, 0.7s in front of Van Gisbergen. Coulthard was p4, and Power p24.
- Power got caught up in an another incident on lap six at Turn 1, with Mostert and De Pasquale dropping Power to p26.
- Coulthard went to the lane from p4 for his final stop on lap eight, rejoining the race in p12 with five laps to run. He quickly cleared De Silvestro to take p11.
- McLaughlin pitted on lap 10 from the lead, rejoining p5 in front of Van Gisbergen and Coulthard as effective leader
- Power mounted a strong recovery drive after several incidents to be p10 with two laps to go
- McLaughlin had an epic race with both van Gisbergen and Brodie Kostecki, getting pushed wide on the very last corner by Kostecki to finish second. However, Kostecki took a penalty post-race to see McLaughlin be elevated back into the win.
- Coulthard ended up sixth at the flag, with Power an incredible p10 after two major incidents during the race.
- McLaughlin is on top of the Eseries points with 759 points; 86 clear of Waters in second and van Gisbergen third on 659.
Race 10 Results
|1||Scott McLaughlin||Shell V-Power Racing Team||Ford Mustang||14 Laps|
|2||Brodie Kostecki||Eggleston Motorsport||Holden Commodore ZB||+0.000s|
|3||Shane van Gisbergen||Red Bull Holden Racing Team||Holden Commodore ZB||+0.937s|
|4||Cameron Waters||Monster Energy Racing||Ford Mustang||+12.929s|
|5||Andre Heimgartner||NED Racing||Ford Mustang||+13.222s|
|6||Fabian Coulthard||Shell V-Power Racing Team||Ford Mustang||+15.204s|
|7||Thomas Randle||Brad Jones Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||+17.743s|
|8||Garry Jacobson||Matt Stone Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||+28.445s|
|9||Lee Holdsworth||Truck Assist Racing||Ford Mustang||+33.389s|
|10||Will Power||Shell V-Power Racing Team||Ford Mustang||+34.417s|
|11||Todd Hazelwood||Brad Jones Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||+38.782s|
|12||Jack Le Brocq||Supercheap Auto Racing||Ford Mustang||+40.663s|
|13||Will Davison||Milwaukee Racing||Ford Mustang||+46.269s|
|14||Simona de Silvestro||Harvey Norman||Ford Mustang||+52.234s|
|15||Alex Davison||Team Sydney||Holden Commodore ZB||+1:10.073s|
|16||Zane Goddard||Matt Stone Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||+1:13.593s|
|17||Chaz Mostert||Mobil 1 Appliances Online Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||+1:13.991s|
|18||Bryce Fullwood||Mobil 1 Middy’s Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||+1:17.978s|
|19||Rick Kelly||Castrol Racing||Ford Mustang||+1:41.134s|
|20||Macauley Jones||Team CoolDrive||Holden Commodore ZB||+1:44.293s|
|21||David Reynolds||Penrite Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||+1 Laps|
|22||Jack Smith||SCT Logistics||Holden Commodore ZB||+1 Laps|
|23||Scott Pye||Team 18||Holden Commodore ZB||+1 Laps|
|24||Anton De Pasquale||Penrite Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||+1 Laps|
|25||Jamie Whincup||Red Bull Holden Racing Team||Holden Commodore ZB||+1 Laps|
|26||Nick Percat||Brad Jones Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||+2 Laps|
|27||Mark Winterbottom||Irwin Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||+2 Laps|
|28||Chris Pither||Team Sydney||Holden Commodore ZB||+2 Laps|
|29||Jake Kostecki||Matt Stone Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||+4 Laps|
Fabian Coulthard dominated Race 9 of the BP Supercars All Stars Eseries to lead an all-Ford top four lockout at Mount Panorama for the Shell V-Power Racing Team.
The results of Race 8 were reversed to set the grid for Race 9, which put Fabian Coulthard on pole position.
- Race 9 was a reverse grid race, with McLaughlin and Power from 23rd and 24th, while Coulthard was from pole after finishing Race 8 last.
- Coulthard got an awesome start from pole, and had a half-second lead over Jake Kostecki at the end of lap one
- McLaughlin was caught out at Turn 1 on lap one, spinning and dropping to p17. He then engaged a recovery drive as many other cars crashed out.
- Power was also struck with issue early in this race, dropping to p23
- By the end of lap three, Coulthard had a nearly two-second lead, McLaughlin was up to p13 and Power p18
- Coulthard took his pit stop on lap five, dropping to p3. This sent McLaughlin to the lead, but yet to pit. Power was into p11 at this stage.
- Both Power and McLaughlin went to the lane on lap six. McLaughlin rejoined p5, Power p8.
- Coulthard sat P2 at that point, however leader Mostert had not taken his stop.
- Power and Van Gisbergen came together on lap seven, dropping Power to p12
- Mostert took his stop on lap seven, elevating Coulthard back to the lead and McLaughlin to p4
- Overall a very good race for the team, with Coulthard taking the win, McLaughlin p4 and Power p11 after starting p24.
Results: Race 9
|1||Fabian Coulthard||Shell V-Power Racing Team||Ford Mustang||16 Laps|
|2||Cameron Waters||Monster Energy Racing||Ford Mustang||-4.450s|
|3||Will Davison||Milwaukee Racing||Ford Mustang||-8.938s|
|4||Scott McLaughlin||Shell V-Power Racing Team||Ford Mustang||-9.662s|
|5||David Reynolds||Penrite Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||-14.149s|
|6||Zane Goddard||Matt Stone Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||-16.208s|
|7||Shane Van Gisbergen||Red Bull Holden Racing Team||Holden Commodore ZB||-16.224s|
|8||Andre Heimgartner||NED Racing||Ford Mustang||-17.204s|
|9||Brodie Kostecki||Eggleston Motorsport||Holden Commodore ZB||-20.149s|
|10||Will Power||Shell V-Power Racing Team||Ford Mustang||-21.674s|
|11||Lee Holdsworth||Truck Assist Racing||Ford Mustang||-22.135s|
|12||Bryce Fullwood||Mobil 1 Middy’s Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||-22.662s|
|13||Garry Jacobson||Matt Stone Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||-24.286s|
|14||Macauley Jones||Team CoolDrive||Holden Commodore ZB||-24.673s|
|15||Scott Pye||Team 18||Holden Commodore ZB||-27.701s|
|16||Thomas Randle||Brad Jones Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||-27.809s|
|17||Mark Winterbottom||Irwin Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||-28.283s|
|18||Jake Kostecki||Matt Stone Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||-41.011s|
|19||Nick Percat||Brad Jones Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||-42.743s|
|20||Jack Le Brocq||Supercheap Auto Racing||Ford Mustang||-46.158s|
|21||Todd Hazelwood||Brad Jones Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||-46.313s|
|22||Jamie Whincup||Red Bull Holden Racing Team||Holden Commodore ZB||-58.719s|
|23||Chaz Mostert||Mobil 1 Appliances Online Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||-1:02.177s|
|24||Jack Smith||SCT Logistics||Holden Commodore ZB||-1:05.754s|
|25||Anton De Pasquale||Penrite Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||-1:33.132s|
|26||Alex Davison||Team Sydney||Holden Commodore ZB||-2:05.290s|
|27||Simona De Silvestro||Harvey Norman||Ford Mustang||-2 Laps|
|28||Chris Pither||Team Sydney||Holden Commodore ZB||-2 Laps|
|29||Rick Kelly||Castrol Racing||Ford Mustang||-2 Laps|
Shane van Gisbergen claimed Race 8 victory in the BP Supercars All Stars Eseries, holding off a spirited challenge by wildcard Brodie Kostecki.
- Strong start in Race 8 for all three drivers. Power p5, McLaughlin p7 and Coulthard p9 on lap 1 keeping clear of several runners who got into trouble.
- McLaughlin and Power came together at The Chase at the end of lap one, with McLaughlin pushed wide onto the grass and Power dropping to p16, having to pit for repairs. A four-car battle pack was running down Conrod straight, with Heimgartner and Mostert also involved in the incident.
- McLaughlin received a drive-through penalty for that incident.
- Coulthard crashed out on lap four, forced into the wall at the Elbow by Cameron Waters. He had to 'escape; to pit lane which dropped him to p25, and nearly a full lap down.
- McLaughlin pitted on lap four, dropping him to p11. Power was p14 at that point.
- Power worked his way to p8 by lap five, and p7 by lap six. McLaughlin was up to p4 on lap six of eight, yet to take his drive-through penalty.
- McLaughlin took his penalty on the penultimate lap, dropping him to p7. He raced Scott Pye from pit exit all the way to Griffin's Bend, winning the corner and the position on the final lap.
- At the finish Power was p6, McLaughlin p7 and Coulthard p29
Race 8 Results
Feedback can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to our forums to discuss this article